Minutes 2.21.16

Fun problem: What is the next number in the sequence: 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211 ?

MAE Requirements

Some of the required experiences to get into the MAE include tutoring, grading, substitute teaching, attending professional conferences, and working with kids over the summer. You must have some of these experiences to get into the MAE, and all of these if you are applying for a full-year teacher-of-record internship.

See masse.truman.edu/resources for more information.

Don’t forget to visit Dr. LaGrassa (math) or Dr. Pareja (science) with your academic plans at least once a year and preferably once a semester. They will help you stay on track to apply for the MAE.

  • If you need an override for a science course or a math/stat/cs course, go to the department office for that subject area.
  • Make sure you get cleared for registration by your faculty advisor.
  • Talk to Ms. Berkowitz in the education department before enrolling in ED 388 or 393/394. She will need to have your academic plan on file before you can enroll in these classes.

If you have a question about any of these topics, feel free to contact one of the following people:

next meeting is the teacher panel meeting, and it will be Sunday, March 20 at 6:00 pm in VH 1148.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *